Building in bushfire prone areas

6 years 11 months ago #14 by Matthew Turner
Hi all, just wondering about peoples experience with building in bushfire prone areas and how high a BAL people have been able to gain building permits for. Also, what documentation was needed to prove the compliance of rendered strawbale. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #18 by Lance Kairl
up to Bal 29 is presently accepted, ( dut not allways) , if accompanied by the BAL 29 Bush fire test results , conducted by ausblae.
test results are available from the treasurer of Ausbale.

Bal 40 or Flame zone may be achieved by gaining a professional fire engineers certification that existing overseas tests exceed the Flame zone requirements , applying a bal 40 compliant cladding system, or by stipulating 90mm of masonary render.

Note wall construction needs to replicate the system tested.

not sure what thickness of vermiculite render would give a deemed to comply option??
as usual someone has to be the first to give it a try.

cheers lance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthew Turner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds